Board meetings are generally held at 7 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at Canajoharie High School.
The first meeting of the month is the board’s business meeting, which is held in public observing the New York State Open Meetings Law and Robert’s Rules of Order.
The second meeting of the month is informational in nature. Presentations are made to the board on various topics, administrators provide updates and board committees report on their activity.
Videos of board meetings can be seen on the district’s YouTube channel.
Board meeting agendas, minutes and other materials are available to the public through the board’s BoardDocs system.
For materials from prior to Jan. 2017, call the District Office at 518-673-6302.
Addressing the Board of Education
The Board of Education recognizes its responsibility to hear public comment and encourages the public to attend board meetings. Visitors have the opportunity to address the Board of Education during the “public comment” period held at the beginning of each meeting.
If a person would like to address the board, they should notify the District Clerk prior to the start of the meeting at 7 p.m. by signing up before the meeting and checking the box next to their name. If a person knows in advance they would like to address the board, they may contact the district clerk at 518-673-6302 to be included on the agenda.
Comments should not exceed five minutes and should directly relate to school matters.
Send questions, comments and concerns to the Canajoharie Central School District Board of Education and its individual board members via email, 518-673-6302, or:
Canajoharie Central School District
Board of Education
136 Scholastic Way
Canajoharie, NY 13317
- Board Meeting Video Playlist
- July 13 Reorganization
- July 27 – Video of July 27 Meeting
- August 10 – Video of August 10 Meeting
- August 30 – Video of August 30 Meeting
- September 14 – Video of September 14 Meeting
- September 28 – Video of September 28 Meeting
- October 12 – Video of October 12 Meeting
- October 26 – Community Vision Dinner Photo Gallery
- November 9 – Public Hearing on Veterans Tax Exemption, Video of November 9 meeting
- December 14, 2017 – Video of December 14, 2017 meeting
- January 11, 2018 – Video of January 11, 2018 meeting
- January 25, 2018 – Video of January 25, 2018 Meeting
- February 8 – Video of the Feb. 8, 2019 meeting
- March 5 – Video of March 5, 2018 meeting Part I | Video of March 5, 2018 meeting Part II
- May 7 – Video of May 7, 2018 Budget Hearing
- March 22 – Video of March 22, 2018 meeting
- April 12 – Video of April 12, 2018 meeting
- April 26 – Video of April 26, 2018 meeting
- May 10 – Video of May 10, 2018 meeting
- May 24 – Video of March 24, 2018 meeting
- June 14 Video of June 14, 2018 meeting Part 1 | Video of June 14, 2018 meeting Part 2
- July 11 – Video of July 11 Reorganization meeting
- July 11 – Video of July 11 meeting
The Board of Education has five standing committees. The purpose of these committees is to provide counsel and information to the full board. Meetings will be announced as they are scheduled. Meetings will be held in the high school conference room unless otherwise noted.
Buildings & Grounds
This committee works with the administration regarding operation and maintenance issues in and around district buildings. The committee recently led the board’s effort to implement solar power in the district.
The Policy Committee reviews, revises and creates board policies. These policies provide the framework for district operations. The committee is currently involved in a multi-year review of all district policies.
The Finance Committee monitors the implementation of the district’s budget and provide counsel during the annual budget development process.
This committee reviews the scholarship parameters and awards each spring. The committee also reviews new scholarship awards.
The Transportation Committee works on matters regarding the bus fleet and student transportation.